This page contains links to my research, online appendices, replication data, and other related materials for my peer-reviewed research.
- Allen, Michael A. Forthcoming. “The Influence of Regional Power Distribution on Interdependence.” Journal of Conflict Resolution.
- Allen, Michael A., Michael Flynn, and Julie VanDusky-Allen. Forthcoming. “Regions of Hierarchy and Security: US Troop Deployments, Spatial Relations, and Defense Burdens.” International Interactions.
- Allen, Michael A., Sam Bell, and K. Chad Clay. Forthcoming. “Deadly Triangles: The Implications of Regional Competition on Demands in Asymmetric Dyads.” Foreign Policy Analysis.
- Allen, Michael A. 2016. “Blog Consumption and International Relations.” Journal of Political Science Education. 12(2):169-185.
- Allen, Michael A., Michael Flynn, and Julie VanDusky-Allen. Forthcoming. “The Localized and Spatial Effects of US Troop Deployments on Host-State Defense Spending” Foreign Policy Analysis.
- Allen, Michael A. and Matthew DiGiuseppe. 2013. “Tightening the Belt: Austerity and Alliance Formation.” International Studies Quarterly. December 2013. 57(4): 647-659.
- Allen, Michael A. and Michael Flynn. 2013. “Putting our Best Boots Forward: US Military Deployments and their Effect on Host–Country Crime.” Conflict Management and Peace Science. 30(3): 263-285.
- Allen, Michael A. and Benjamin Fordham. 2011. “From Melos to Baghdad: Explaining Resistance to Militarized Challenges from More Powerful States.” International Studies Quarterly. 55(4): 1025-1045.